Since 2008, Lille Grand Palais has been committed to sustainable development and has introduced a global policy at 3 different levels: “Low Carbon Venue”, “Carbon Care” and “Low Carbon Event”. These classifications serve to give a certain value to both Lille as a destination and to the venue: an eco-friendly building for eco-friendly events. ISO 14001 certification, awarded in September 2010 boosted the initiative as well as bringing increased credibility on the national and international scene.
More than just an approach to reducing environmental impact, this measure is designed to encourage our partners to act in an eco-friendly way. We see it as a reflection of our diversity policy and the culture and values of our business.
AND IN PRACTICE ?
- Energy consumption – controlled and economised
- Water consumption – economised
- More sustainable use of transport
- Use of certified recycled materials
- Partners and suppliers with the same policies
- Waste sorted for recycling
- Creation of eco-friendly gardens
- A committed and motivated team: diversity takes centre stage in our business.
Lille Grand Palais strives to collaborate with like-minded partners when it comes to the issue of sustainable development. The staff at Lille Grand Palais take ecological issues seriously and respect the “Charte Ecogeste” as well as the “La Charte de la Diversité”.