For over 20 years, the European Conurbation of Lille supports and stimulates innovative business sectors in its territory. The goal of this commitment is to help the transformation of the region’s economy, fostering new competitivity and attractiveness factors. This strategy is proving a success as the conurbation was awarded the French Tech label in November 2014, rewarding innovative regions in the digital field.
6 competitive clusters have been created:
- UP-tex, specialized in innovative textile.
- Nutrition-Santé-Longévité, centered around health and nutrition.
- I-Trans, focusing on sustainable land transportation and logistics.
- Picom, competitive cluster for retail industry in Lille.
- Matikem, dedicated to green chemistry and materials.
- Team 2, focusing on innovation for circular economy.
The region of Lille is also renowned for 6 sites of excellence:
- Euralille, business district and tertiary center.
- Eurasanté, dedicated to the biology and health sector.
- EuraTechnologies, focusing on Information and Communication Technologies.
- Haute Borne, high environmental quality certified scientific business park.
- Union, a budding environment for textile and images.
- Plaine Images, a site of economic excellence revolving around digital images and creative industries.